Ceola Academy of Music (Ceola Ltd.) is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the school determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to pupils and their families is to be processed. Eoin Fitzgerald acts as a representative for the school with regard to its data controller responsibilities; he can be contacted on 087 1206441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. His role is to oversee and monitor the school’s data protection procedures, and to ensure they are compliant with the GDPR.
The personal data of pupils and their families are collected and used for the following reasons:
- To support pupil learning
- To monitor and report on pupil progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To assess the quality of our service
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
- To safeguard pupils
The categories of pupil information that the school collects and holds include the following:
- Personal information – e.g. names, pupil numbers, parent/contact number and email address
- Attendance information – e.g. number of absences and absence reasons
- Assessment information – e.g. exam results
- Relevant medical information
In accordance with the GDPR, the school does not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Ceola Academy of Music will not share your personal information with any third parties unless the law allows us to do so.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Be informed about how Ceola Academy of Music uses your personal data.
- Request access to the personal data that Ceola Academy of Music has in their system.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
- Object to your personal data being processed.
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Ceola Academy of Music uses mymusicstaff.com to schedule lessons, record student and parent details (names, emails, and phone numbers), and to send invoices and record payments.